Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mommy no more...

I couldn't decide where this post should go, on my blog or the boys blog. It seems that sometime in the last couple of weeks I have gone from "Mommy" to just plain ol' "Mom". Logan started calling me mom first, but of course Kolby picked it right up and instead of "Mama" I am now just "Ma". I have to be honest, I hate "Mom". It makes me sound so old, it makes my kids sound much older. I mean didn't they get the memo that you stay mommy for a long time, I mean at least until they are 10 or something. Anyways, I decided that this really has all to do with me and my feelings and very little to do with the boys. So all things considered I figured this should be on my blog and not theirs.

So here it goes, my rant, my rave, my sadness in saying good-bye to the title of "Mommy" and adapting to the new title of "Mom". I am not happy about this. It makes me sad and it makes me feel like I am losing my babies. And maybe you don't think it is such a big deal, but really it is. I mean when our kids are little they call us mommy so affectionately and then as they get older and more obnoxious they call us mom. I really am still a mommy, I mean my kids are 5 and barely 2. Give me a break. Where does Logan get off thinking that it is alright to call me mom? I asked him why he calls me mom and he said, "Well isn't that your name?" BRAT!!! I told him no, my name is mommy and he tells me "Well it's all the same thing" Umm , NO IT IS NOT!!! I swear, someone please send him the memo. And now he's got his brother doing the whole Ma thing and I swear that is even more annoying than Mom. The thing is I know my anger is stemming from my sadness and my heart hurting so bad. I just feel like it is one more slap in the face that my baby is really not a baby. I mean I can look at him and see that he is not a baby, but I didn't need that reminder constantly when he calls my name. Mommy just sounds like a little boy and it sounds just so much sweeter. Now I have Mom and that just sounds like a pre-teen who is getting on my nerves. It doesn't sound sweet when he is crying or begging for something, no it sounds obnoxious and it sounds irritating. It is the constant reminder that my little boy is quickly becoming something else. It is just plain out sucky that he is growing up. I don't know maybe I am taking it all a little hard, but really if you are not a mommy you just can't understand.

No comments: