Thursday, November 6, 2008

Can't Believe...

that it has been so long since I have actually posted. I couldn't possibly catch you up with all that has been going on. It really isn't that I have been lazy about posting, it is that I got a MySpace account and I have been posting there. SORRY!

I am pretty pumped up about the outcome of the election. I have to say that I was not a huge Obama supporter, I was a Clinton girl all the way and when we lost the primaries, got screwed out of the nomination I pretty much swore that I would not vote for Obama. Here I was someone who actually like John McCain and thought that he was decent enough. Here I was an outraged Clinton supporter who didn't want to back Obama. Wasn't I the type of person that McCain was trying to capture? Well somehow he missed the ticket, or at least his campaigners did. I was on the wall as to who to vote for and although I didn't think that I could actually cast that vote for McCain, I didn't think that I could cast one for Obama. But in reality the more I listened to the 2 of them speak, the more I read Obama's plan, the more excited I became. Then the topper, McCain picked Sarah Palin. Are you kidding me, did they really think that women would vote for the ticket because of Palin? I think the woman is an insult to all women regardless of what you believe. That fact that she pretended to be educated and actually answered some of the interview questions the way she did killed me. So I really started to research Obama and what he wanted to do and I just fell in love with him and his ideas. I know that there are some out there that don't like him, but I just feel like he will change things and things will start to get better. It's not going to happen overnight, it may take the whole 4 years to really see a difference, but then again we are in such a mess that nothing can be solved quickly. He is going to have to make change, but it is going to have to come gradually and slowly and he is going to have to go to the middle to do it. Unless we become one country again, nothing can be solved. I can say though that for the first time in a long time I am once again proud to be and American. I feel like we have accomplished so much and there is yet so much left to accomplish. But I do believe that the American people have spoken, and they have spoken loudly. You do not win an election the way President Elect Obama won unless all walks of life come out and vote for you. American has declared that we are ready for Change. So change shall come.

No comments: